- Interaction Designer
- User Research
- Use Cases
- Iterative Design
- Usability Testing
- Design Strategy
- Sep 2014 - Aug 2015
About Interaction Design at Bloomberg L.P.
As an interaction designer at Bloomberg, I conducted user research, created wireframes, iterated, and tested my designs. I worked with product owners and developers to prioritize designs and make sure products were built as specified.
Due to the proprietary nature of this work, I cannot share my final concepts, but feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss process!
The UX team is made up of interaction designers, visual designers, prototypers and usability analysts. The team focuses on Bloomberg’s financial products which provides real-time data, news and analytics to clients. Someone once explained the Bloomberg Terminal to me like this: If you have a question about anything in this world, the Terminal probably has your answer. The design team's goal is to make the experience of consuming all of this information as seamless and efficient as possible.
My goal was to perfect the end user’s experience
The job differed from each unique project to the next. Here are some things I did for various projects at Bloomberg.
- Researched domains that Bloomberg Professional supports. This ranged from understanding the fixed-income asset class (bonds) to what internal users needed from our in-house calendar/appointment application.
- Visited clients to conduct generative user research and understand their work flows.
- Collaborated closely with business and development to determine what a product should be and then prioritized design decisions.
- Analyzed usage data to inform design decisions.
- Designed workflows and wireframes.
- Defined goals and created usability testing plans.
- Collaborated with development teams to ensure wireframes were built as intended.
Due to the proprietary nature of this work, I cannot share my final concepts here, but feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss process!
prev / next
back to projects