- Interaction Designer
- User Research
- Use Cases
- Iterative Design
- Usability Testing
- Design Strategy
- Sept 2014 - Present
About Interaction Design at Bloomberg L.P.
As an interaction designer at Bloomberg, I conduct user research, create wireframes, iterate, and test my designs. I work with product owners and developers to prioritize designs and make sure products get built as specified.
The UX team is made up of interaction designers, visual designers, prototypers and usability analysts. Our team focuses on Bloomberg’s financial products which provides real-time data, news and analytics to our clients. Someone once explained the Bloomberg Terminal to me like this: If you have a question about anything in this world, the Terminal probably has your answer. Our team wants to make the experience of consuming all of this information as seamless and efficient as possible.
Our goal is to perfect the end user’s experience
The job differs from each unique project to the next. Here are some things I’ve done for various projects at Bloomberg.
- Research domains that Bloomberg Professional supports. This ranges from understanding the fixed-income asset class (bonds) to what internal users need from our in-house calendar/appointment application.
- Visit clients to conduct generative user research and understand their work flows.
- Collaborate closely with business and development to determine what a product should be and then prioritize design decisions.
- Analyze usage data to inform design decisions.
- Design workflows and wireframes.
- Define goals and create usability testing plans.
- Collaborate with development to ensure wireframes are built as intended.
Due to the proprietary nature of this work, I cannot share my final concepts, but feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss process!
prev / next
back to projects